In today’s challenging health market, strong leadership is essential to address the rapid change in global health needs and emerging socio-economic issues. Technical skills, cognitive abilities, and emotional intelligence are three major components of a set of skills health leaders require. WHO Collaborating Centre for Public Health Education and Training Advanced Leadership course is a one-week intensive training that equips health professionals with the tools requires to manage this organisations, services and health systems efficiently and effectively. The content of the course is built around WHO framework and aims to help participants become more successful leaders in a knowledge-based health system.
The programme is designed to be highly participatory and interactive with modern teaching methods applied and case studies.
Staff from WHOCC have designed and developed this practical interactive programme to realise the potential of aspiring and senior health leaders across nations. Participants will be able to:
- Manage and lead health organisations effectively across a range of dimensions including policy, finance, and service delivery
- Assess and measure health service performance by using appropriate criteria and indicators
- Evaluate and compare different health service business models and theories
- Apply critical thinking and creative solutions to real-life health service problems
- Understand key global experience and political challenges of strengthening health organisations and health systems
- Consider potential policy responses and interventions to improve health systems and develop action plans for their own countries
This course is designed to meet the needs of policy makers, health managers, heads of clinical/administrative departments, health professionals with an interest in management, staff in international/regional organisations, academic health directorates and authorities, and other interested stakeholders.
The course can be delivered in any location worldwide, and will require five working days.
For more details please see the Course brochure here.
Course duration: One week
Next course dates:
3rd - 7th July 2017: London, WHO CC
5th - 12th August 2017: Dubrovnik, Croatia, InterUniversity Centre
Organised by: WHO Collaborating Centre for Public Health Education & Training & Zagreb Institute for the Culture of Health
Aimed at: Policy makers, health managers, heads of clinical and administrative departments, health professionals with an interest in management, and other interested stakeholders
Course director: Professor Salman Rawaf
Course co-ordinator: Ms Ela Augustyniak
Places are very limited, please contact Professor Barbara Kalenić on email@example.com and/or Professor Đorđević on +385 91 4920023 to reserve your place.
Bespoke courses can be organised on request.